Duncan Rawlinson - Flickr

ETH Founder Burns 90% of Shiba Inu Tokens He Owned

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Vitalik Buterin, the creator of Ethereum, the second largest cryptocurrency in the market in terms of capitalization, has just made a controversial move.

The resource SHIB INFORMER has reported on its Twitter profile that Buterin has burned 410 trillion of SHIBA tokens, with a value of almost 7 billion dollars.

Buterin has added a note to the transaction on the blockchain in which he explains the move. According to him, he has sent the 90% of his SHIBA tokens to an address that cannot be accessed, which basically means they are lost forever. He has added he will send the remaining 10% to a charity.

As a result of Buterin’s move, the price of the token has experienced a sharp increase of 50% in just one hour, sitting now at $0.00001672 (+4.51%).

The Ethereum founder has said he does not want to receive more free tokens in the future without his consent.

If you like our content and want to support us, please follow us on X, Facebook and Instagram and don’t miss the latest news!