Hashdex’s Spot Bitcoin ETF Begins Trading

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Tidal Investments and Hashdex Asset Management announced on Tuesday that their spot Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) will begin trading in the US after rebranding from the Hashdex Bitcoin Futures ETF to the Hashdex Bitcoin ETF (DEFI).

The transition to the new ETF, with the ticker symbol DEFI, allows for the inclusion of spot Bitcoin holdings and tracking of a new benchmark index beginning on March 27.

The ETF is expected to allocate at least 95% of its assets to spot Bitcoin, with the remaining 5% invested in CME-traded bitcoin futures contracts and cash or cash equivalents.

As of March 27, the fund’s total net assets were reported at $11.16 million on Hashdex’s website.

If you like our content and want to support us, please follow us on X, Facebook and Instagram and don’t miss the latest news!